New EP "Child of the Sun," Out Now!!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fantazzmo: Is Radio Significant?

Fantazzmo: Is Radio Significant?

I live in Los Angeles, CA. Today I happened to be in a car with no cd player, no mp3 plug in, no aux, nothing, I was stuck listening to the radio here. The only station that plays decent songs once in a while is a nostalgia station that plays oldies, motown, pop and r&b from the 50's to the 80's and the problem with them is yes, they do play a lot of garbage as well, but at least we get some Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Motown and some gems here and there.

Who decides what songs come on the radio? Does what comes on the radio really identify what culture is listening to? Are the artists on the radio filling arenas, stadiums, concert halls, auditoriums and festivals around the world? Do they tour the US, UK, Australia, Brazil, South America, Japan and Mexico successfully? Are kids wearing T-shirts of these artists to school? Writing their names on backpacks, folders, posting stickers, buttons wherever they can to express their musical tastes.

I understand that Clear Channel rules the airwaves and outdoor billboards in L.A. and across the U.S. and that's a great achievement for any business, I have no problem with that. I would just like to know why they can't give Los Angeles, CA at least one radio that plays great music old and new. Maybe it's because the music industry is still lining their pockets and bribing them to play music on their catalogue.

Money talks.

Howard Stern is on satellite, I guess that's my next move if I really want to listen to music on the radio. There are a few stations that have their highlights here and there, but L.A. is no home to rock or alt/rock music. This post is about Rock & Alt Rock, I understand that Hip Hop rules the airwaves, but that is not the genre my band Fantazzmo is in and not the subject of this blog post.

Radio is not what it used to be, it is not a voice of the youth, of the culture, of an era, none of that.

Thank God for College radio, internet radio, subscription services and YouTube!

I still have hope that one day I'll hear Fantazzmo on terrestrial radio.

Cheers!

Fantazzmo

Fantazzmo 1: Enter the Fantazz

Available now at all online music stores! Stream Fantazzmo on Spotify, Rhapsody, Last.fm, Youtube!

or at: www.Fantazzmo Rocks.com

Sign up to our email list and receive a free Mp3.

No comments:

Post a Comment