New EP "Child of the Sun," Out Now!!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fantazzmo: Embrace the Competition

Fantazzmo:  Embrace the Competition

Is music a competition?

Music itself is not, but the measures of success make it seem so.  Artist A- sold 100 Million cd's; Artist B- sold 10,000  who is more successful?  Who's music is better?  That cannot be discerened from these numbers alone?  Music is a personal choice and the music you listen to is very much a reflection of who you are.

Is being in a band a competition?

Let's keep it real!  Being in a band is a competition.  I buy the best equipment I can afford, team up with the best musicians I can find who are willing to back my vision.  I record the best cd I can with the best producer I can,.  I adorn the cd with the best graphics I can using the best artist I can.  I make the best videos I can afford to make. 

Why do all this?  To be seen and heard!  I must compete with 100 Million other musicians to be seen and heard, and if I must spend every penny I have to achieve my true goals I will.  What does the entrepreneur or the independent businessman or the physician looking to start his own practice do?  They put every penny into their goals and visions also. They compete with others in their field as well.

Competition in every aspect of life push us to be better.  In sports, science, school, competing for a promotion at work, etc.  Competition pushes us to do better and it is the same in music.  John Lennon and Paul McCartney had a creative competitive partnership.  One came up with a great song, so did the other.  One came up with a great line or verse, the other came up with a great line or verse, bridge, etc.

With an infinite number of musicians out there competing for your time and attention, I must embrace technology, adapt to change, work hard, be super creative, and constantly reinvent myself and be open to change.

I am competitive by nature.  I always have been, always will be.  In school, sports, work, whatever aspect of life, I have always welcomed a challenge.   Achieving my goals in music with Fantazzmo will be my greatest challenge yet.  There are several new worlds I must master and will.  I will walk among giants.  Fantazzmo will be a giant.


Sergio Bedolla
Fantazzmo

Fantazzmo 1:  Enter the Fantazz

Available now!

No comments:

Post a Comment